Mysterious Sundarban Tour Package

Home » India » Mysterious Sundarban Tour Package

Mysterious Sundarbans Tour Package
Tour Overview

The word Sundarbans literally translates into ‘beautiful forest’ and is one of the richest mangrove deltas that has formed in the confluence of Ganga, Brahmaputra and other Meghna Rivers belonging to Bay of Bengal. It is one of the must-visit UNESCO sites which pans over an area of 10,000 sq. km. with 40% in India and the remaining 60% in Bangladesh region. An adventurous and mysterious tour of Sundarbans will take you across the richest biodiversity if flora and fauna in this low-lying island region which is a unique place to be.

Trip Highlights
  • Leisurely activities and shopping in Kolkata
  • Jetty ride experience from Gathkhali
  • Local experiences in the bazaars and marketplaces
  • Boat ride across the Sundarbans mangrove
  • Village walk in Sundarbans

Mysterious Sundarbans Tour Itinerary

Day 1 :Arrival in Kolkata

Early in the morning, you will be arriving at Kolkata where our tour representative will greet you and guide you to your allotted hotel here where you will be spending the night. The evening time will be free for you to indulge in leisurely activities or explore the city on your own.

Day 2 :Kolkata – Sundarban

After having your breakfast in the morning you will be made to transfer to your next destination in Sundarbans which is situated at a distance of 109 kms that takes 2 hours to cover by road and jetty ride from Gathkhali which will take you via the local market places and rural bazaar and tea shops etc. you will be taking a journey on the Rivers Hogol, Gomor and Gumdi among others. On reaching Sundarbans you will be made to transfer to your hotel here for an overnight stay.

Day 3 :Sundarban – Kolkata Departure

After having your breakfast in the morning you will be taken on an assisted and well-guided village walks where you will be able to interact with the local population here and talk to them about their lifestyle and livelihood. You will be taken on a manually functioning county boat ride where you will be taken across the mangroves and observe the wildlife collection here. You will also be made to take a small and brief walk in the canopy.

By evening time you will be taken back to your hotel to check out from the jungle resort here and head on to Gathkhali. There are tour representative will transfer you to Kolkata by road. This will mark the end of your travel journey with us and you will be free to head on to your desired destination.

    Holiday Your Way with Atlas Travel!

    Filling out the information form provided allows you to receive the best budget-friendly customized itinerary in just a few hours.

    • We assure the privacy of your contact data.

    • This data will only be used by our team to contact you and no other purposes.

    Package Includes

    • Guided sightseeing tour
    • Pick up and drop off service
    • Meals as per itinerary
    • Accommodation as per itinerary
    • Driver allowance, parking charges, fuel price

    Package Excludes

    • Any expense of personal nature
    • Extra charges in case of an emergency
    • Shopping, laundry, tipping, portage
    • Monument entrance fees, camera charges
    • Anything not in the inclusions section

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Q.How to reach Sundarbans from Kolkata?

    A. By road, Sundarbans is 101 km away from Kolkata. On reaching Namkhana, Sonakhali, Raidighi or Najat, you will be able to board a jetty ride to finally reach Sundarbans.

    Q.Where can i stay in Sundarbans?

    A. There are several retreats, tourist lodges, resorts and camping sites available for accommodation.

    Q.When is the best time to visit the Sunderbans?

    A. October to March is the best time to visit the Sunderbans.

    Q.What is sunderbans famous for?

    A. Sunderbans is famous for its collection of royal bengal tiger, ganges and irawadi dolphins, crocodiles etc.

    Q.How many tigers are there in Sunderbans national park?

    A. There are over 400 tigers in Sunderbans national park.